We are currently building an outdoor patio and require some green colorbond to cover an area 5 metres wide by 2.6 metres long. How many sheets of colorbond will we require and what color greens are ... continue reading
I'm just trying to do some research on kitchen materials, one of my friends told me about a product called corian, what can you tell me about it and do you have anyone who uses it in your ... continue reading
In the process of renovating our home by ourselves we have realised that the bathroom needs more than just a coat of paint and we are looking at the possibility of having it totally renovated by a ... continue reading
We are doing renovations to our home and would like to use the space in our roof. I know that you can get loft ladders, but do not know alot about them or where to start. Can you help me ... continue reading
Latest bathroom seminar a huge ... continue reading
MBA members and HIDC exhibitors came together for a social game at Mornington Golf Club on a fantastic early summer's day. ... continue reading
Home Innovations has been overwhelmed by the accolades we have received following the hugely successful Design & Building Industry 2013 Forecast Night held last Wednesday, 28th November, ... continue reading
A horizon pool illegally built on Crown land beside billionaire tycoon Solomon Lew's Mt Eliza property has been ... continue reading
Let experts from the Mornington Peninsula Shire and Master Builders inform you of everything you MUST know before renovating in this FREE ... continue reading
Create and experience your own new world of design with this highly practical, stimulating course that will provide you with a thorough grounding in the skills and techniques of Interior Design. ... continue reading
A Master Builder course for environmentally aware builders and building public to pursue sustainability options in their constructions. ... continue reading
Interior Design Made Easy
Creating a space that complements your personality enhances the existing features in the house and invites others, there are many issues, problems, ideas and ways to approach this.
There are many reasons and benefits for changing the interior of your home or room including:
- Giving your house or room/s a facelift.
- Increase value of the house
- Updating features
- Transforming living spaces
- Creating better use of space
- Creating better storage facilities
It is often difficult to decide where to begin and finally where to stop. The choice of colour schemes, window treatments and decorative features can feel almost endless. To prevent getting confused or frustrated it's a good idea to prepare a careful plan of what you hope to acheive right from the outset by:
- Listing your priorities. Determine what needs to be looked at first and last, and what is a 'must have' aspect of your project right now versus áspirational ideas for your home that could be completed in the future. Remember. interior design will be an ongoing process in your home.
- Determining your budget from the outset and, if needs be, divide this into different projects areas (ie, window and floor furnishings, paint, etc). Draft potential amounts for each area to see how your spending will stack up.
- Planning your time frame. Are you hoping to complete the changes by a specific date or for a specific occassion?
- Researching and price checking before you buy. Be sure to allow plenty of time for research, particularly if you are unsure about what you want the ultimate look to be.
If you're still feeling overwhelmed & stressed out about the thought of renovating as well as the vast array of potential themes, colours, vogues, materials and finishes it may well be worth getting some advice from the professionals. A good interior designer will work with you to create a space that's just right for you and they may well have access to materials, fittings and furniture that are not easily available to you.
Here at Home Innovations we can also help you with fantastic Interior Design courses and seminars that are a must for those re-creating their home living space or have an interest in interior design. They will be sure to save you $$$ and give you the skills and confidence to tackle your next interior design project. To find out more about our upcoming seminars & courses click on the links below.
Turn Your House Into A Home!
HIDC Exhibitor(s) who specialise in this area;